(Junior) Scientist Vector Technology
| Location: || Amsterdam (Netherlands)|| || |
| Job category: || Vector Development|| || |
uniQure is dedicated to bring innovative therapies or unmet medical needs to patients. In doing so each function in uniQure is directly or indirectly responsible for the lives of patients. This responsibility should be part of our day-to-day working life by (i) living up to high quality standards and (ii) recognizing the sense of urgency in areas of high medical need.
We are looking for a highly motivated Scientist to strengthen our efforts in exploring creative and novel approaches in Vector Technology (VT) field.
The VT team has several functions and responsibilities: including the development of better AAV capsid allowing better gene therapy for the patients. The team is a major contributor to the Research and Development activities of uniQure’s AAV-based gene therapy platform, and a key value generator. The (Junior) Scientist will run functional role in VT team focusing his/her effort to generate and characterize novel AAV capsid technology while also contributing into core disease function. Together with the Senior VT Scientist, the (Junior) Scientist will also participate in the discussion of novel and ongoing projects, support the coordination and delegation of the research to other departments and institutions.
Job Objectives and Responsibilities
- Design, execute and plan his/her own work and projects together with the Senior VT scientist, sets priorities and timelines and adheres to these timelines
- Provide scientific insight andsupport for IP filing and scientific writing and publishing within the VD team
- High quality analysis, documentation, and presentation of attained results, including report writing and preparation of presentations. Writes data reports and peer reviewed materials for internal and external purposes
- It is expected the role will entail approximately 50% lab-based work and 50% scientific and project managerial functions
- Bring up ideas regarding the line of research and, upon mutual agreement, implement the new ideas and concepts.
Qualifications & Skills
- D. in molecular virology, molecular biology, or other similar disciplines. Productive doctoral or postdoctoral training is expected and can be reflected through expertise-related publication record.
- Prior experience in AAV biology, especially capsid designing and experimentation, is a strong plus, as well as relevant affinity into translational scientific research in industrial setting.
- Strong interest to still perform lab-based work and hands-on experience in various molecular biology and AAV biology techniques.
- Hands-on experience in writing, presenting, and reviewing in research documents (reports, patents, publications etc.)
- Able to act in a fast changing and demanding environment
- Willing and able to demonstrate a hands-on attitude
- Delivery and execution of pragmatic and solution driven approaches
- Eye for, and attention to detail, with an overview and planning vision
- Strong team orientation, with excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent knowledge of the English language (verbal, written and scientific)
- Pro-active attitude, flexible and professional
- Efficiently disseminates scientific and other data to multiple internal stakeholders
- Is quality orientated (detail and data critical) and he/she evaluates his/her own behavior and corrects him/herself if needed. He/she is proactive and proposes ways to improve quality and throughput
The contract is for an initial 1-year duration, which can then be extended into indefinite period depending on the performance